Coincidences in the play
coincidences are written all throughout the play and mainly consist of things hinting at death and the stars above.
Here are some of them :
- The first coincidence is in the prologue where it says ” a pair of star-crossed lovers take their life”
- lady capulet – ” i would the fool were married to her grave”
- in act 3 scene 5 , juliet says to her mother that if she does not delay the marriage to paris that she will kill herself.
- the end of act 3 scene 5 juliet says she will go to friar lawrence and if he does not have the remedy she will kill herself
- act 5 scene 1 Romeo has a dream that he dies and Juliet comes and see’s him dead. ” i dreamt my lady came and found me dead”
- The plague stopping friar john from getting the message to romeo.
- Juliet has a vision of Romeo dead in the tomb
- “the stars” =heaven
- “He that have steerage of my course, direct my sail”
- “my mind misgives some consequence hanging in the starts.”
- Talk all throughout the play about Fate, luck,fortune, death and consequences by the character